Metro Behavioral Health Centers are here to provide individual, couples, and family counseling to enhance the quality of life for all in Tampa Bay. We offer a variety of psychotherapy and support group options to everyone in the community. Specializations include Living with HIV, Bullying, LGBTQ issues, Coming Out, Gender Identity, Substance Misuse, Transgender Support, Family Support, Couples Therapy and Life Coaching.
Accepting Medicare, Private Insurance and Self Pay.
Our therapists are specifically trained in transgender issues and are here to provide you with quality care respective to your personal journey, gender identity and hormone therapy assessments. Day and early evening appointments are available. Individual, Family and Group Counseling are available. We also offer Transgender Support Groups in both our Tampa and St. Pete LGBT Centers. View Transgender Programs
- Individual Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Specializations in bullying, coming out and gender identity
- Free counseling is available for youth ages 13-22 who are being bullied, harassed, or dealing with thoughts of suicide.
Metro LGBT Centers offer Youth and Young Adult Groups for LGBTQA young people in both St. Petersburg and Tampa. Our groups are a great way to meet and support others who have similar or shared experiences. View LGBTQ Programs
Coping Skills Group Counseling
Behavioral Health is starting a new group “Dialectical Behavioral Therapy” (DBT) in both the TPA and STP office starting in October. For the TPA office the group starts on October 15th and for the STP office the group starts October 2nd. Please look below for a brief description of the group.
COPING SKILLS GROUP
The new coping skills group will be a 90 minute group that will meet weekly. It will be made up of four different subjects and each one will take a different number of weeks to complete. The four subjects are:
- MINDFULNESS SKILLS: You will learn how to keep your mind on what is happening in the here and now instead of thinking about what happened in your past or what might happen in the future. This will help you feel less guilty and less nervous. You will also find your values to help you become the person you want to be by practicing those values in your life every day. You will see how your thoughts cause you to feel the way you do.
- RELATIONSHIP SKILLS: You will learn how to get your needs met by asking in a way that does not hurt your relationship with the other person or make you feel like you are always giving in. We will practice asking for help and how to say no if you do not want to do something for someone else. You can say no and not feel guilty.
- MANAGING YOUR FEELINGS: How would your life be different if you could control how you feel? You will learn to control your feelings by looking at your thoughts and also by changing your actions. You will learn how to reduce the time you feel “bad” and increase the time you feel “good.”
- GET THROUGH HARD TIMES: In this section, you will learn what you can do when things go wrong and you can’t change them. It will help you deal with emotions that are upsetting without doing things you may feel bad about later. It also helps you to get through bad situations until you can get help from others to get through it.
When & Where: St. Petersburg: Metro Wellness Center every Friday from 1:00 to 2:30 Tampa: Metro Wellness Center every Thursday from 1:00 to 2:30 FOR INFORMATION OR AN APPOINTMENT Call the Metro Wellness and Community Center at 813-232-3808 in Tampa or 727-321-3854 in St. Pete for a counseling intake appointment.
Metro Behavioral Health Centers offer a number of ways to assist people with substance misuse issues or who are in recovery. We can support you with individual or group counseling. Our outpatient treatment and counseling options can help you counteract addiction’s powerful and disruptive effects and regain control.
One in 4 Americans has a Primary Family Member who is Struggling with Addiction
Substance Misuse Programs for HIV/AIDS
Metro Wellness and Community Centers offers outpatient individual and group services for individuals diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, substance misuse counseling. Read below for detailed information about our services and how to make an appointment.
The outpatient substance misuse group counseling is an adult substance misuse treatment program for individuals living with HIV/AIDS. The Program is designed to offer services tailored to individuals in any stage of recovery.
- The program is free and confidential.
- Participants will earn gift cards, gas cards and bus passes as incentives for attendance.
- Call the Metro Wellness and Community Center at 813-232-3808 in Tampa or 727-321-3854 in St. Pete for an intake appointment.
When & Where:
St. Petersburg: Metro Wellness Center every Monday and Wednesday.
Tampa: Metro Wellness Center every Tuesday and Thursday. Spanish speaking group every Thursday.
Free Lunch served at 12 Noon followed by group therapy at 1 pm.
Metro Wellness and Community Centers offers individual counseling with an experienced therapist addressing substance misuse, HIV, and general life issues. This confidential counseling is offered free to individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
When & Where:
St. Petersburg: Metro Center. Convenient appointments available, both day and early evening.
Tampa: Metro Center. Convenient appointments available, both day and early evening.
FOR INFORMATION OR AN APPOINTMENT
Please call 727-321-3854 Ext. 250 and ask for the Program Coordinator or send an email to email@example.com
Living Loving Learning is a confidential, peer and therapist led discussion group for individuals affected by HIV/AIDS. This program is offered in both St Petersburg and Tampa with light snacks provided.
- Appointments required for participation.
- Confidentiality is maintained.
When & Where:
Tampa: Metro Center every Wednesday, 1 pm – 2:30 pm
St. Petersburg: Metro Center every Wednesday morning, 10 am — 11:30 am.
FOR INFORMATION OR AN APPOINTMENT
Please call 727-321-3854 Ext. 250 and ask for the Program Coordinator or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metro Behavioral Health Centers offer services of a Psychiatric ARNP (Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner) including evaluation, medication management and monthly follow-ups.
- Services are free to individuals who are HIV positive
- All other psychiatric evaluations are offered for a fee. Price varies.
- Some restrictions apply for free psychiatric evaluations if the client has private insurance or Medicaid.