Mental Health / Counseling Resources
- Metro offers FREE counseling to youth ages 13-18, as well as comprehensive care for adults (accepting insurance and self-pay). For more information call (727) 321- 3854 or visit http://www.metrotampabay.org/behavioral-health-centers/
- Trans Lifeline can be reached at (877) 565-8860 in the US, and (877) 330-6366 in Canada.
- The Trevor Project‘s 24 Hour Telephone is 866-488-7386 or http://www.thetrevorproject.org/.
- Alternatively, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline has an online chat feature you can use if you are uncomfortable calling.
- Metro’s Counseling Services include trans behavioral health staff who are qualified to write letters of support. For more information call (727) 321-3854 or visit http://www.metrotampabay.org/behavioral-health-centers/
- Equality Florida has put together a Transgender Resource Guide which has a list of mental health professionals in Florida. You can find the document here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B53y9MHaclfrMVI3RUVRYXhXelU/view
Primary Care / HRT:
- Metro offers comprehensive trans healthcare, including HRT. For more information, call (727) 321-3854 or visit http://www.metrotampabay.org/transgender/
- Planned Parenthood now offers HRT and comprehensive sexual health care for trans folks at all locations. For a list of locations in the Tampa Bay area, visit https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-southwest-central-florida/locations-and-contact-information
- MyTransHealth.com allows you to search for service providers: medical, legal, mental health, crisis.
- Trans-Health.com/clinics – A list of clinics with experience in trans healthcare.
- RAD Remedy (Referral Aggregate Database) contains a sizable network of providers around the US and more that are trans (and queer) competent, including care related to transition/affirming.
Passports/Legal Documents Information:
- National Center for Transgender Equality | Passports
- Trans Law Help https://translawhelp.org/states/florida
- Department of State | Gender Designation https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/information/gender.html
- Metro offers free legal advice by appointment. For more information or an appointment, call 727-321-3854.
- Lambda Legal http://www.lambdalegal.org/know-your-rights#transgender
- ACLU Florida https://aclufl.org/
- Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund http://tldef.org/
Legal Documents Funds:
- Trans Relief – provides monetary assistance to US-based trans people looking for help with administrative fees associated with obtaining US passports, name changes, and updating ID documents http://transrelief.com/
- Another option for folks unable to pay filing fees is applying for Indigent Status (which can result in having fees waved or decreased significantly). The form for that can be found on your county’s website for the Clerk of Court, or you can view the general form for Florida Indigent Status here: https://www.flcourts.org/core/fileparse.php/293/urlt/indigent_application.pdf
- Metro offers multiple trans support groups, visit http://www.metrotampabay.org/calendar to view all our monthly groups and events
- The Trans Support Network of West Central Florida is a social support group for the transgender, crossdressing, and gender variant community in St. Pete, FL. Visit https://www.facebook.com/transsupportnet/ for more information.