Metro LGBT Centers support the transgender community at every point in their journey. We offer transgender-specific programming such as our Transgender Support Groups, and invite the transgender community to take part in all of our LGBT programs. Additionally, we offer counseling specific to transgender needs.
- Our Trans* Health specialists are trained in transgender issues. We are here to provide you with quality care respective to your personal journey, gender identity and hormone therapy assessments/letters of support.
- Visits to our physicians for hormone replacement therapy (HRT) are available for clients who have met with our specialists and have been deemed ready to begin HRT
- Day and early evening appointments are available.
- Individual, Family and Group Counseling are available.
- We also offer Transgender support and social groups in both our Tampa and St. Pete LGBTQ Centers. (see below for more info).
Call 727-321-3854 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Trans*Talk St. Pete
FTM Group: 1st Wednesday of the month, 7:00-8:30pm
MTF Group: 2nd Wednesday of the month, 7:00-8:30pm
Share experiences, explore emotions, and express yourself in our discussion and support groups for the transgender community.
Trans Significant Other Support Group
1st Thursday of the month, 7:00pm- Ybor City Location
4th Wednesday of the month, 6:00pm- LGBT Welcome Center
2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, 6:00-8:00pm
A new social club for transgender people and allies of all ages and genders. Make friends, talk about events and news, and more at the LGBT Welcome Center, 2227 Central Avenue in St. Petersburg.
Trans Parent Support Group
2nd Thursday of the month, 7:00pm- Ybor City location
3rd Wednesday of the month, 6:00pm- LGBT Welcome Center
Metro counselors are specifically trained to serve the transgender community and are here to provide patients with quality care to help you cope and grow.Schedule An Appointment
Find your feminine voice in this educational class for trans women led by a speech language pathologist.Email to Register
Metro’s therapists are able to provide assessments for hormone therapy. Please call 727-321-3854 to schedule a counseling appointment.Schedule An Appointment
We provide HIV testing in all of our locations and around the Tampa Bay area.Testing Times & Locations