Through attending the trainings listed below you and your team will be better equipped to serve the community by becoming more understanding of gender identities/expressions and sexual orientations.
Choosing METRO to provide your training affirms your commitment to being open, inclusive and informed. All training is affordable and worth the investment for your staff. Ensuring that your business is inclusive comes with great benefits for you and your employees.
With your scheduled training you will receive training materials, a trainer, and a certificate of completion. Your business will be responsible for ensuring that your staff applies the skills learned in the training to your business model once the session has concluded.
METRO is available to provide refresher training or have your new staff attend a quarterly training at our community center.
Customized training is also available upon request for a reasonable cost.
Inclusivity and Awareness Training
- Our inclusivity and awareness training will help attendees develop a better understanding for the LGBTQ+ community including terminology, identities, and creating a safe, healthy, and welcoming environment for all.
- Develop a working understanding of the LGBTQ+ community
- Identify and use best practices in serving the LGBTQ+ community
- Learn how to create a safe, healthy, and welcoming environment for all people
- SAGECare is a competency training on LGBT aging issues for service providers including health centers, assisted living facilities, elder living communities and services. As an additional benefit to the training, qualifying agencies may receive a national credential to highlight the percentage of staff trained.
- Understand the social determinants of heath and daily experiences of LGBTQ+ elders
- Enhance staff and organizational competency for communicating with the LGBTQ+ population
- Improve service to the LGBTQ+ community and other diverse clients
Trans Health Inclusivity Training
- Our Trans Health and Inclusivity training will assist medical professionals to provide a more trans inclusive space in the health care settings.
- Increase awareness and create safe spaces for all gender identities/expressions and sexual orientations in health care settings
- Equip health care providers with language that is affirming and respectful; decreasing the potential for gender dysphoria in conversations surrounding client’s health
- Assist staff to build confidence while working with clients to provide quality health care to all patients regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation