Popular Opinion Leaders (POL)
November 20 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 7:00 pm on day First of the month, repeating until December 4, 2019
An event every month that begins at 7:00 pm on day Third of the month, repeating until January 15, 2020
Popular Opinion Leaders are volunteer educators who work in the gay and bi community promoting safer sex, building HIV awareness, and influencing healthy lifestyles.
This bi-monthly group identifies, trains, and enlists the help of influential people in the LGBTQ+ community. Each week participants learn effective ways of communicating with friends to reduce their risk for contracting HIV/AIDS, while changing negative social norms within the community. Any member of the LGBTQ+ community 18 and over is welcomed to participate.
- Gift card incentives for 4-course completion
- Improve communication skills
- Impact the attitudes, knowledge and perceptions about HIV risk and prevention efforts
- Increase self-efficacy and intentions to engage in the conversations
- Begin to create buy-in for the new norm
- METRO Tampa
1315 East 7th Avenue, Suite 201
Tampa, FL 33605 United States + Google Map