Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for providing individual and group Behavioral Health services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS, those at high risk for and affected by HIV and Substance use and addiction recovery.
- Perform substance abuse and mental health treatment with individuals in an outpatient setting- including completing screenings, assessments, individual/group counseling, and treatment planning
- Conduct Clinical Evaluation, Screening, Assessment, and Treatment Planning
- Conduct service coordination services to implementing the treatment plan and conduct regular reassessments of treatment plan and care
- Based on assessments, make linkages and referrals to the most appropriate internal programs and external community partners in an effort to help clients access the right level of care to best meet their treatment needs
- Use a strengths-based and trauma-informed approach, in conjunction with evidence based interventions and other treatment strategies
- Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary treatment team including medical, clinical and social services staff
- Provide clinical consultation to referral resources, mentors, family members, and others to help support clients in their recovery
- Work closely with clients to engage them in the decision-making process and help them understand the benefits of assessment and accessing the appropriate level of care as indicated
- Collaborate with other members of the client’s treatment team, including medical physician, peer support recovery specialist, medical case managers, psychiatric care provider, and others, to coordinate wraparound care and treatment
- Coordinate with the Program Support Specialist as needed to contact clients to confirm appointment times and to collect information from collateral resources to aid in determining diagnosis and need for treatment; monitor client access to and involvement with treatment and other providers, including community partners, to help address barriers to treatment and the recovery process
- Complete paperwork requirements and maintain quality, up-to-date clinical records, including entering necessary information into the electronic medical records (EMR) system
- Consult directly with staff psychiatric nurse practitioners and BH Program Manager/ Director to ensure open and mutual collaboration on cases
- Serve as point person for client behavioral health emergencies to direct and coordinate emergent care as needed including detoxification and psychiatric care
- Meet and maintain compliance with all internal policies and procedures, regulations and Standards of Care, state licensing standards, funder expectations, and FL Department of Children and Families (FL DCF) Substance Abuse program requirements.
- Must be a FL Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Minimum of two years’ clinical therapy experience in an outpatient social service treatment setting.
- Certified Addictions Professional (CAP) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of HIV/AIDS disease, medical treatments and adherence issues.
- Knowledge of treatment and substance abuse intervention strategies and application within targeted populations.
- Awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences, sexual orientation, sexual identity, and psychosocial issues.
- Understanding and supportive of a trauma-informed system of care.
- Experience with trauma-informed services, cognitive behavioral therapies including DBT, and motivational therapies including the use of incentives preferred.
- Knowledge of recovery support systems, 12-Step programs, and personal recovery experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and engagement skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required; experience with EMR systems.
- Ability to support the agency’s mission and philosophy, and demonstrate sensitivity to cultural diversity and workplace harmony.
- Value for and ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Self-directed and flexible to meet the needs of the project, organization and target population.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) required for Tampa location
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org