The Data Entry Specialist reports to the Lead Program Support Specialist. The position provides vital support, organization and management of information for all agency programs. The Program Support department is an integral part of the agency, ensuring accuracy in all aspects of data which is used for (but not limited to) reporting, measuring and improving health outcomes, soliciting additional funding and quality assurance.
- Data is collected, compiled and reviewed for accuracy/completion based on program guidelines.
- Data is reviewed for deficiencies or errors, formats and/or complete missing values.
- Perform quality assurance checks on data sets, monitor for patterns and trends.
- Based on program specifications, deficiencies and errors are either: 1) returned to program staff and corrections are verified; or 2) corrected and prepared for entry.
- Text-based and numerical data is entered into the appropriate program database based on the specific database requirements
- Data is entered into various programs: Excel spreadsheets, Access databases, web-based applications and other customized databases.
- Medical data is collected, analyzed and entered into internal & external databases.
- Perform basic statistical work. Filter and sort the data in several ways; calculate means and standard deviations; or measure correlations between sets of data.
- Summarize and provide reports to program staff for program assessment/monitoring.
- Write narratives for monthly and quarterly reports summarizing successes and challenges specific to agency programs.
- Perform follow up on data to measure improvement and outcomes.
- Perform data visualization for data sets.
- Proven data entry working experience (minimum of 2 years)
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office (intermediate to advanced level Excel is a requirement) and data programs and electronic medical records experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Ability to maintain pleasant and professional working relationships
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbal
- Critical thinking
- Ability to work well with many diverse individuals
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexibility and excellent organizational skills
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org