Statement of Purpose: The Director of Finance will report to the Chief Financial Officer and serve as an integral member of the finance team and leadership team. You would be responsible for the organization’s financial well-being, overseeing a variety of financial responsibilities for the organization and the fiscal staff.
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day accounting functions and provides leadership and decision making to the fiscal team and organization.
- Ensures internal controls and procedures are working effectively and efficiently as designed and follows General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Works as the team liaison with fiscal and other agency team members to ensure successful flow of operations (e.g. Pharmacy, Billing, IT, etc.).
- Reconcile the more complex bank statements.
- Reconciles monthly credit card activity with 3rd party merchants.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Assists in data preparation for department and organizational budgets.
- Prepare standard journal entries for more complex account balances at month end.
- Analyze general ledger data and prepare summaries as needed by CFO.
- Prepare monthly financial statement packet for Board of Directors.
- Prepare and provide various schedules and documentation requested for various audits.
- Produce monthly and quarterly financial reports for staff and Board of Directors.
- Oversee and lead a team responsible for financial operations, including banking, bookkeeping, payroll, and accounting as well as cash flow – managing payables, receivables, invoicing process, etc.
- Work closely with program team to identify gaps between projected expenses and secured revenue and long-term financial planning.
- Work closely with fundraising team to prepare budgets required for grant applications and donor solicitations.
- Prepare financial reports for institutional funders (foundations, government agencies).
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures and best practices.
- Other financial duties as requested or assigned.
- 7 years of nonprofit finance and/or commensurate experience.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting required
- CPA or MBA in Accounting (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Experience managing finances for a 7 to 8 figure organizational budget.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience budgeting, forecasting and preparing necessary documents for program, fundraising and grant submissions.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Desire to lead a finance team as well as work in a growing and collaborative nonprofit a must.
- Excellent judgement and attention to detail.
- Experience in a community-based organization with experience with state and federal funding is a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is preferred.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org