Statement of Purpose: Metro Inclusive Health is looking for a Facility Maintenance Specialist to assist with the daily functions of the facility and grounds at the ST Petersburg location. The Facility Maintenance Specialist supports all departments in matters of general maintenance, cleanliness, safety, landscaping, stocking and security.
- Assists with and learns to perform preventative maintenance for building systems (interior ceilings, floors, walls, windows, finishes and hardware, keys, panel alarm hardware, etc.), plumbing, electrical (lights, light tube changes, ballasts, outlets, circuitry, electrical panels), landscaping, pest control and mechanical systems including controls, pump and motors.
- Assists with and learns to repair facilities structures, systems and components, including performing minor repairs to building plumbing, low-voltage, and line voltage electric systems, door hardware, fire and life safety protection/equipment systems, sprinkler systems, and assisting in structural and roof inspections.
- Assists with preventative maintenance on HVAC, air conditioning, plumbing and electrical systems
- Knowledge of induction, air handling, and refrigeration units, including serving, cleaning and inspecting all related equipment.
- Assists with and learns to repair and maintain small motorized equipment engines and to perform preventative maintenance on automotive vehicles.
- Assists with and learns to perform electronic recordkeeping related to preventative maintenance and repair
- Maintains a working knowledge of materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of facilities.
- Responds to emergencies and closures including adverse weather to be certain that all facilities are protected and remain operational. Assists with tasks required in preparing to open after a closure including emergency weather conditions, systems and equipment checks and start-up operations as assigned.
- Maintains appropriate records and reports, coordinates deliveries from vendors and suppliers and maintains inventory of cleaning and repair supplies
- Checking and responding to security and safety issues.
- Coordinates the setting up and breaking down of rooms/Event Set Up
- Daily Cleaning, Disinfecting and Sanitizing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Three years general handyman, maintenance, and repairs experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Computer skills a must- must be able to work with Microsoft office programs
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills; Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups.
- Must be highly flexible; able to accommodate changing needs of the department.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a diverse environment.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have a reliable and accessible vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.