Statement of Purpose: This position will be floating between all four Metro Health Centers’, working in a unique community based setting where we are providing Primary Care and additional supportive services. This position provides direct nursing services and procedures to patients; works as part of a multidisciplinary team to enhance patient quality of life though competent medical intervention; and ensures all documentation is compliance with professional and legal standards.
- Performs medical intake procedures including taking vital signs, reviewing medical history, and completing risk assessments.
- Records and reports symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in patient’s conditions.
- Completes all physician orders including venipuncture lab draws, medication administration/injectable, etc.
- Completes prior authorizations, specialist referrals, and other administrative tasks as quickly as possible for patient benefit
- Triages patient phone calls and walk-ins, prioritizes emergencies for medical referral
- Completes health education counseling for all patients
- Accurate assimilation, interpretation and reporting of changing patient data
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with established protocols.
- Reviews charts of patients on a daily basis to ensure all necessary documentation is present, current, and complete to facilitate physician visit.
- Assists with data collection as requested
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion, and respect in all interpersonal and intra-professional relationships with clients, staff, and visitors.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards of professional practice.
- Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks
- Collaborates with Metro team members to coordinate patient services
- Reevaluate and follow-up on patients treatment and health status to evaluate the efficacy of education and counseling approaches and strategies
- Documents all patient care in an accurate, timely, legible manner in compliance with Board of Nursing Protocol.
- Participates in clinic-related research activities and is aware of relevant research protocols under direction of physician investigator
- Promotes and practices Metro’s values and mission, and adheres to all policies and procedures
- Files physician dictations, lab reports, referrals, and flow sheets daily.
- Completes all medical record requests as requested by physician
- Continues ongoing personal professional training and education to advance skills/knowledge.
- Provides assistance in all clinical areas, as needed, and supported by professional licensure and accepted, appropriate medical protocols.
- Utilize resources in a cost effective manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Travels and works between the St. Petersburg and Tampa clinics.
- MA or LPN licensure from accredited school, currently licensed to practice in the State of Florida
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience
- CPR Certified
- Minimum two years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Demonstrates knowledge of documentation protocols.
- Demonstrates experience with OSHA mandates, documentation, and compliance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, medications, and accepted treatment practices.
- Ability and willingness to make independent nursing decisions based on nursing assessment.
- Demonstrates ability to self-motivate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate a multitude of tasks as required.
- Maintains ongoing, appropriate documentation of all activities as needed.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Knowledge of community health services and agencies
- Ability to apply principals of health promotion and disease prevention.
- Able to work with health professional in a team environment.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org