Statement of Purpose: The Grant Accountant is primarily responsible for maintaining/managing contract files, keeping up-to-date invoicing to contractors/grantor agencies, maintaining professional relations with program grant/contract monitors, and assisting METRO’s Finance Department with other duties assigned by the Grant Accountant Supervisor.
- Reconcile and analysis various expenses for allowability;
- Maintain running budget balances for assigned grants;
- Prepare projections and forecasts for assigned grants;
- Prepares and submits required monthly invoicing to funders;
- Assist in preparing grant budgets and revisions;
- Review data, identify errors through analysis, research and interpretation of data and provide recommendations to Lead grant accountant;
- Prepare periodic reports for distribution to outside agencies;
- Provide support to the organization regarding problems with all Grant and Contract Projects;
- Maintain assigned grant contract folders; and
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a non-profit contract/grant management setting.
- BA in Accounting or Finance (Preferred)
- Experience in working with computerized accounting systems (QuickBooks)
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Proficiency with Excel
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work/communicate effectively in a team, across organizational lines, and with CEO, funders, vendors, and community.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org