Statement of Purpose: This position is accountable for the initial step billing process including verifying patient insurance eligibility benefits for medical and behavioral health services. This position is integral to providing affordable and accessible health care services to patients, while contributing to successful revenue cycle management. This position is in a primary care and behavioral health social service setting with specialized LGBT care and services.
Using various databases, including Success EHS, Availity, and payer portals to verify patients’ insurance coverage for medical and behavioral health services
- Customizing insurance benefit eligibility based upon services to be provided.
- Identifying eligible and ineligible services in a patient’s benefit package.
- Communicating directly with patients to discuss financial responsibility.
- Documenting accurately and thoroughly in the EMR, SuccessEHS.
- Working directly with the insurance company, the patient, and clinic staff to get claims processed and paid
- Answering questions patients may have about billing
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in insurance verification in the primary care and behavioral health setting
- Experience working with multiple third part payers including Medicaid, Medicare, Managed Care, HMO/PPOs.
- Experience in HIV preventative care is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong knowledge of and able to easily navigate Medicaid, Medicare, HMOs, and private payer systems
- Knowledge of EMR systems, preferably with Greenway/Success EHS and/or eClinical Works
- Microsoft suite and data systems proficiency, including Electronic Medical Records.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to effectively utilize problem-solving and decision-making techniques.
- Ability to make effective judgments and decisions based on objective criteria.
- Attentive to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to tactfully interact with diverse personalities.
- High comfort working in a busy environment with changing priorities.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com