Statement of Purpose: The Linkage & Testing Specialist facilitates direct and immediate linkage to on-site medical care as well as other wraparound supportive services, promoting continuity of care and positive health outcomes. The position is responsible for providing HIV prevention education to individuals living with HIV and to those at risk of acquiring/transmitting HIV. This position will provide and conduct HIV and HCV counseling, testing, linkage, education and care coordination services for minority populations, MSM, transgender, and other populations at higher risk for HIV infection, and substance abuse; and conduct one-on-one and group education services to the community. This position also performs recruitment activities with priority populations for education classes, counseling, testing, and referrals. Education sessions focus on utilizing evidence-based curriculum to groups and individuals.
- Provide linkage/connection to all programs and services at METRO and within the community including but not limited to medical care, social services, health and wellness programming, etc.
- Maintain updated and available internal and external referrals and resources
- Combat any identified barriers to care (i.e. transportation, insurance status) by connecting the client/patient to supportive services to eliminate or ease these deterrents
- Provide specialized HIV prevention education, and substance abuse education including individualized sessions, group interventions, and educational workshops.
- Conduct HIV testing and pre/post-test counseling/education.
- Collect data, conduct data entry and prepare monthly program statistics and reports.
- Prepare draft progress and final reports for programs and activities by established deadlines.
- Provide Outreach and Recruitment activities including but not limited to representing the program and the agency at community and committee meetings and providing educational workshops, and social marketing activities.
- Prepare and develop all approved program curriculum, materials, filers, and all other printed materials required by the program or based on clients’ needs.
- Accurate and complete documentation of client activity through case notes, assessments and other forms.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the human services field and one year of relevant prevention experience.
- Minimum of one year work experience within a social service setting or equivalent.
- Experience working with HIV infected individuals, substance abuse populations, and social, ethnic economically diverse and other high risk populations.
- Certified HIV 500/501 Counselor (can be obtained once employed)
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- High degree of professionalism, attentive to detail, and Strong organizational skills
- Self-directed and flexible to meet the needs of the project, organization and target population
- A passion and commitment to support the agency’s mission
- Microsoft suite and data systems comfortability, including Electronic Medical Records
- Ability to recognize and adhere to professional boundaries and standards.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment.
- Skilled in use of de-escalation techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Must be able to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Bilingual is an asset.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
- Ability to work comfortably with diverse target populations, sensitivity to cultural issues and/or relevant life experience with substance abuse, HIV, Viral Hepatitis, PrEP/nPEP, STI’s.
- Expectation to complete Linkage, Navigation and Phlebotomy Trainings within 6 months of employment.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org