The Medical Case Manager position provides case management services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS. The Medical Case Manager provides a range of client-centered services to link clients with health care, psychosocial, and other services. The Medical Case Manager coordinates and follows-up with the client regarding medical treatment to ensure timely delivery of services, coordinated access and continuity of care.
- Initial assessment of service needs.
- Development of a comprehensive, individualized service plan.
- Coordination of services required to implement the plan, including coordination and follow-up of medical treatments.
- Continuous client monitoring to assess the efficacy of the plan.
- Re-evaluation of the care plan at least every 6 months with adaptations as necessary.
- Treatment adherence counseling to ensure readiness for and adherence to complex HIV treatments.
- Work collaboratively with medical providers, other community partners, members of client’s treatment team, and other agency personnel to promote adherence to treatment.
- Accurate and complete documentation of activity through case notes, assessments and other forms.
- Advocate for appropriate services for client based on need and assessment.
- Periodic review of client utilization of services
- Foster client independence though informing clients about systems of care and teaching the client to navigate these systems whenever possible.
- Conduct visits with clients in varying settings including in the community and the client’s home (at least once annually).
- Maintain knowledge of local community resources as well as applicable state and federal resources
- Arrange supportive services for clients including assisting client with completing food and transportation referrals, emergency financial assistance, and more.
- Provide benefits counseling by assisting eligible clients in obtaining access to other public and private programs for which they may be eligible (e.g., Medicaid, Medicare Part D, State Pharmacy Assistance Programs, Pharmaceutical Manufacturer’s Patient Assistance Programs, other state or local health care and supportive services, and insurance plans through the health insurance Marketplaces/Exchanges).
- Bachelors’ Degree in the human services field.
- Minimum of one year work experience within a social service setting/case management or related field.
- Experience working in the HIV/AIDS field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Must be able to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Language requirement may vary by position. Bilingual (Spanish speaking) is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
- Awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences, varying sexual orientations, and psychosocial issues concerning the AIDS pandemic.
- Must be able to understand and use word processing and basic computer software programs.
- Ability to lead others.
- Ability to recognize and adhere to professional boundaries and standards.
- Ability to make decisions based on good judgment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment.
- Ability to use de-escalation techniques.
- Ability to work independently in varying settings, specific to position, such as in the jails and off-site clinic.
- Meet and maintain established Minimum Standards of Care
- Attend training sessions as required by the Grantee/Lead Agency, Health Resources and Services Administration, and/or the Florida Department of Health.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
- Must complete and provide a certificate of attendance for case management training provided by the Florida Department of Health, Bureau of HIV/AIDS Community Programs Unit.
- Must complete Department of Health Core Eligibility Training
- Complete all other trainings including AETC modules & in-house trainings.
- Must complete Certified Application Counselor Program for the Federally-Facilitated Marketplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com