The Medical Reception and Scheduling Coordinator serves as a supportive resource by managing the front office operations and scheduling department. This position is accountable for managing data-entry in the EHR for all scheduling of Medical, Behavioral Health, and Psych Services. This position is responsible for ensuring a seamless transition from receptionist to scheduling duties including customer services, patient payments, appointment check-in/out process, provider schedule maintenance, staff coverage, and other duties assigned to receptionist and schedulers. This position will audit daily to minimize data entry errors using eClinicalWorks EHR. This position is in a primary care, & behavioral health, social service FQHC (Look-A-Like) setting with specialized sexual health, LGBT care and supportive services and will require oversight of these departments in all established health center locations.
- Ensures that provider schedules and patient appointments are consistent with the needs of the health center
- Maintains responsibility for general office support functions to ensure efficient utilization of time, in part by scheduling meetings, patients and appointments, maintaining calendars, and coordinating with other services and programs
- Responsible for ensuring patient scheduling and provider templates are accurate.
- Maintain and report requested statistics or reports to management as requested
- Perform and maintain communication as delegated by professional staff related to patient management or clinic operations
- Maintain open and consistent communication with staff and other outside contacts affiliated with health center functions
- Coordinate department correspondence to clinic with on-going communications and efficient department operations
- Maintain appropriate departmental records and departmental filing and archive system to ensure the expeditious retrieval of information so that the department staff can accomplish their responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate levels of office supplies and other materials to allow staff to complete assigned responsibilities and provide for patient needs by submitting approved purchase requisitions
- Direct oversight and management of the Scheduling Lead and Front Office Leads.
- Direct oversight of work flow to Front Office and Scheduling staff, allowing them to successfully execute their responsibilities
- Communicates with the persons most closely associated with the active management of the patient and to keep them informed of any additional patient needs and or treatment modification relating to appropriate billing/collections issues
- Monitors department metrics and deliverables to ensure adequate productivity to meet the Health Center needs.
- Provides coaching and ongoing feedback to direct reports and front line staff to support productivity, compliance, and professional development.
- Collaborates with Senior Manager to implement and maintain new policies and procedures, and to maintain compliance with existing policies and procedures.
- Provides accurate daily, weekly, monthly and annual statistical data pertaining to the health center and staff productivity as requested by management.
- Complies, maintains and submits front office reports and data within required deadlines. Responsible for generating, compiling and submitting program end of month reports and other necessary reports within deadline timeframes.
- Determines the appropriate format within EMR system to initiate data entry based on information recorded for each patient encounter.
- Responsible for analyzing, researching and correcting data entry errors using electronic medical record.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Business, or related field, .
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in a healthcare setting.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in Management, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Must have 5 years of experience in Front Desk and Scheduling Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Knowledge and understanding of Health Center operations process.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple priorities,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, letters, memos and emails.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to research and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff, and contacts outside the organization.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet resources.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com