The Patient Account Specialist provides cash posting operations to the billing team within the assigned function(s). The incumbent performs the timely and accurate posting of electronic and manual cash receipts, denials and adjustments to patient accounts in the EMR and researching and correcting data entry errors using eClinicalWorks. This position is in a primary care, psych and behavioral health social service setting with specialized LGBTQ+ care and services.
- Will be working within the Revenue Cycle Management Team; in work queues for self-pay patients, in the EMR for ERA posting, credits, denials, and/or adjustments and payment entries.
- Will also work within excel for bank reconciliation for manual checks and ERA payments.
- Will be responsible for pulling for balancing the Bank Cash Posting Log monthly, pulling remits from payer portals that correlate with payment correspondence.
- Will need to have reconsolidation experience, an understanding of cash posting, EFT knowledge, payer portal experience and ability to search for EOBs.
- Post routine electronic and manual cash receipts, adjustments, and denials.
- Ensures reconciliation of all posted data.
- Meet end of the month deadlines for cash posting and reconciliation.
- Balance electronic and manual cash receipts through the generation and analysis of necessary reports.
- Works Self-Pay Queue as assigned – communicating with patients concerning outstanding balance, creating payment plans and collecting debt owed to METRO.
- Resolves and/or identify outstanding variances, errors, and issues.
- Posting of zero payment EOBs and makes necessary contractual or agency adjustments.
- Perform all responsibilities in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required.
- Two years of cash posting, register reports, cashier, accounting clerk or related field, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Knowledge of EMR systems, preferably with eClinicalWorks helpful.
- Ability to effectively utilize problem-solving and decision-making techniques.
- Ability to make effective judgments and decisions based on objective criteria.
- Attentive to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to tactfully interact with diverse personalities.
- Ability to type and use 10-key calculator function on the computer keyboard.
- High comfort working in a busy environment with changing priorities.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of word processing spreadsheet and email applications.
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com