This position is responsible for completing blood draws, specimen processing, and laboratory management duties, in a timely and efficient manner with the purpose of serving Metro’s clients/patients of the health center. We currently have two positions available. One position is based out of our St. Petersburg location and the other position alternates days in our New Port Richey and Clearwater locations.
- Completing blood draws for health center patients
- Conduct HIV and HCV rapid and venipuncture testing, if needed
- Work collaboratively with medical providers, other community partners, members of client’s treatment team, and other agency personnel to coordinate service delivery and linkage.
- Acquire and complete documentation of patient visits through assessments and other forms inside the EMR.
- Support health center’s Medical Assistants to conduct blood draws for outpatient ambulatory HIV and primary medical care patients.
- Cross train agency staff seeking phlebotomy certificates of completion.
- Conduct in-house laboratory testing to support the health center in accordance with the agency’s CLIA certificates.
- Process and prepare lab collections for offsite laboratory sites pick-up.
- Conduct daily lab monitoring for vaccine and lab specimen inventory.
- Conduct periodic chart reviews to assist health center staff with compliance, as needed.
- Other health center support for the agency staff, as needed.
- Displays excellent customer service and professionalism towards all clients/patients.
- Phlebotomist or Medical Assistant certification or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year work experience within a clinical or community-based setting.
- Experience working with HIV positive individuals, substance abuse populations, and social, ethnic economically diverse and other high risk populations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to speak, read, and write proficiently in English.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
- Awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences, varying sexual orientations, and psychosocial issues concerning the AIDS pandemic.
- Must be able to understand and use Microsoft Office Suite and basic EMR.
- Ability to recognize and adhere to professional boundaries and standards.
- Ability to determine priorities and multi-task.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com