An opportunity to join Metro Inclusive Health’s dynamic team of Prevention & Sexual Health Specialists conducting HIV awareness, education and testing services; risk reduction skill building; health navigation; and linkage to prevention and essential support services. The Prevention & Sexual Health Team serves on the front lines of Ending the HIV Epidemic and promoting improved community health outcomes.
This full-time position is based out of our Tampa location with a primary focus on serving persons with HIV, racial and ethnic minority Men Who Have Sex w/ Men (MSM); all other MSM; transgender; and all high-risk populations that are disproportionately affected by HIV within Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties.
How we work and what we offer
Our people are the key to our success. At Metro Inclusive Health, we offer competitive salaries and comprehensive fringe benefits because we believe in rewarding our team for their dedication to providing the highest quality care and services to our communities. Our core objective is to provide a supportive and team-oriented work environment that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration. This allows our people to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide HIV, Hepatitis C, and pregnancy testing and counseling.
- Work within an interdisciplinary team to provide navigation, education, skill building and support services to individuals that are newly diagnosed with HIV, and to previously diagnosed individuals re-engaging in HIV medical care.
- Conduct outreach in various community settings including but not limited to juvenile justice programs and facilities; schools, colleges, universities; health fairs and festivals; parks and recreation centers; nightlife and entertainment venues; private businesses; and other community agencies.
- Refer and link individuals to prevention & essential support services including but not limited to: PrEP/nPEP; HIV medical care; other health & medical services; insurance navigation and application; food & nutrition resources; transportation assistance; education & vocational support; employment services; and housing/shelter resources.
- Develop community outreach events and engagement initiatives in collaboration with team members and community partners.
- Plan, facilitate and document HIV/STI health education and risk reduction workshops using approved, evidence-based curriculums.
- Establish new community collaborations and foster existing partnerships for program promotion, recruitment and to develop/maintain referral pathways for community members.
- Collaborate among team members to develop program materials and social media messaging tailored to focus populations, promoting HIV testing, prevention & risk reduction, and HIV medical care.
- Develop and maintain key skills, competencies and certifications as a subject matter expert on HIV/STI education and prevention.
The successful candidate will…
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a Human Services related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Have experience working with the focus populations of the position.
- Be able to work comfortably with diverse, underserved and at-risk populations.
- Have awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences, varying sex/sexuality/sexual orientations, relevant life experiences with substance use, HIV/AIDS, PrEP/nPEP, STI’s, and psychosocial issues concerning the HIV epidemic.
- Have experience engaging individuals in the community setting.
- Have experience developing, promoting and conducting meetings/group discussions/workshops/classes.
- Have scheduling flexibility to facilitate programs and conduct outreach on nights and weekends.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve client experiences and community engagement through “quality outreach” and value-added service.
- Possess excellent active listening, verbal communication and de-escalation skills.
- Possess the ability to effectively engage, interact and collaborate with team members, community members, and community collaborators.
- Be a client-focused, proactive and creative problem solver.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to meet assigned objectives and deadlines.
- Have knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
- Have intermediate to advanced PC and Microsoft Office skills.
- Have a personal vehicle, valid Driver’s License and vehicle insurance.
- Be able to commute between Tampa and St. Petersburg locations as needed.
- Be willing to submit to, and able to pass, a Level II background check.
- Speak, read and write in English proficiently. Bilingual Spanish is an asset.
Metro Inclusive Health is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides quality health and wellness services that are inclusive, relevant, supportive and represent the lifetime continuum of the diverse people in our community.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org