Provides psychiatric medication management to patients of the Health Center, including but not limited to HIV positive, high-risk, patients receiving mental health care and/or substance abuse treatment. This position is part of an interdisciplinary treatment team comprising of primary care/internal medicine providers, clinical care team, behavioral health therapists, medical case managers, health educators, pharmacist.
- Provide medication management care to patients including appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
- Assess and evaluate patient needs.
- Prescribe medication in the correct dosage for patients in a responsible manner in accordance with current medical protocols and practices as licensed and delegated.
- Monitor and assess patients’ responses to medications.
- Maintain, review, and assess patients’ medical records.
- Perform medical intake procedures including labs, vital signs and history.
- Completes psychiatric assessments
- Completes prior authorizations when needed, and other required documentation of service delivery
- Record and report symptoms, reactions, treatments and changes in patient’s conditions.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with established protocols.
- Reevaluate and follow-up on patients’ treatment and health status.
- Document all patient care in an accurate, timely, legible manner in compliance with Board of Nursing Protocol and other professional standards.
- APRN graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Masters in Nursing and two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Current, active and unencumbered license to practice in the State of Florida.
- Current Federal DEA Certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrate knowledge of documentation protocols.
- Knowledge of best practices for working with uninsured and underserved communities and sensitivity and cultural competency in working with LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS disease and concurrent and/or related health issues.
- Demonstrate experience with CMS mandates, documentation, and compliance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, medications, and accepted treatment practices.
- Maintain ongoing, appropriate documentation of all activities as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to apply principals of health promotion and disease prevention.
- Demonstrate ability to work with health professionals in a team environment.
- Knowledge of EMR systems, eClinicalWorks preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Ability to tactfully interact with diverse personalities.
- Promotes team work, productivity and delivery of high quality care.
- High comfort working in a diverse, busy environment with changing priorities.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards of professional practice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org