Statement of Purpose: This position is responsible for managing and continually improving METRO’s quality management, risk management and compliance program and strategy, monitoring compliance/risk activity and investigating allegations of compliance and/or policy infraction; training on, monitoring and enforcing METRO’s policies and Code of Conduct. This position works collaboratively with the Compliance Officer.
- Manages the risk management activities of all programs and service areas.
- Conduct internal investigations, communicate with regulatory agencies and handles any other risk management or compliance issues.
- Identifies high risk areas, prioritizes and sets forth activities to mitigate the risks.
- Receives and investigates complaints, near misses, and incidents to resolution.
- Conduct HIPAA Security Risk Assessments, internal and external, as required.
- Oversees ongoing competency with METRO’s Emergency Preparedness Plan and schedules regular desktop drills to assess current competence among staff.
- Plan communication and training programs to help employees understand their roles in risk management.
- Interact with and report to senior management on the status of the compliance activities highlighting any areas of potential risk to the agency.
- Assists Medical Director in oversight of the peer review process.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential in accordance with HIPAA, professional and departmental standards.
- Maintains current knowledge of Federal, State and Accrediting regulations and standards pertaining to ongoing compliance.
- Collaborates with the Compliance Officer and Senior Leadership in response to subpoenas.
- Manages METRO’s Medical Records department and monitor Medical Record activities for areas of non-compliance
- Maintains and monitors the compliance and records for OSHA, CLIA and HIV testing permissions required by the State and local laws and regulations.
- Works closely with METRO staff to identify risk prone program and service activities, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, health record security, health systems security and privacy, etc.
- Work with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and has access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Promotes and practices METRO’s mission and values, and follows its policies and procedures.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related area
- At least 2 years of experience in the areas of quality management, risk management and compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Microsoft suite and data systems proficiency, including Electronic Medical Records.
- Ability to effectively utilize problem-solving and decision-making techniques.
- Ability to make effective judgments and decisions based on objective criteria.
- Attentive to detail and strong organizational skills.
- High comfort working in a busy environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and work independently.
- Demonstrated capability to use data analytics to support suggestions.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a simplified, understandable, relatable manner to front line and other staff.
- Ethical judgment
- Strategic thinking
- Complex problem solving
- Communication Skills
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org