The METRO Health Center provides a range of medical care including primary care, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)/Non-occupational Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (nPEP), HIV and STI testing and treatment and hormone replacement therapies, psychiatric care and and behavioral health. Essential duties include: providing excellent customer/patient services via phone and in person; referring callers to the appropriate departments; and making appointments for patients according to established Health Center protocols. The position is considered a crucial link between the patient and the care delivered by clinical and program staff.
- Schedules patient flow to Health Center based on predetermined appointment arrangements.
- When scheduling appointment, carefully screens patients for new address, new patient visit or update registration and informs patient of adequate information that must be presented at time of visit.
- Adheres to all Health Center policies on safety and security; maintains restricted areas safe by safeguarding keyless entry codes and computer system passwords in strict confidentiality.
- Informs patient of any existing balance noted in computer and request patient be prepare for any payment due at time of visit.
- Calls patients daily to confirm next day’s appointment.
- Verifies method of payment for service (Medicare, private insurance, private payee, etc.) and collects data and/or payment as appropriate.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience of scheduling and/or front office experience in a primary care office setting required.
- Minimum of 1 year working with an electronic medical record system, preferably eClinicalWorks required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability and comfortability working with electronic medical records and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality under HIPAA standards.
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer services and interpersonal communication skills; Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse people groups.
- Advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via the telephone and in-person to serve the needs of Health Center patients/clients/visitors in a manner that is efficient and productive.
- Must be highly flexible; able to accommodate changing needs of the department.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision. Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a diverse environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com