Statement of Purpose: This is a professional financial position that requires a thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, double entry computerized accounting system, and specifically, the application of the general ledger as they apply to fund accounting in a non-profit environment. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The Staff Accountant performs a variety of accounting and administrative duties in the maintenance of accurate fiscal records and reports requiring initiative and independent judgment.
- Files all quarterly and annual grant reports (Grant Solutions, eRA Commons & PMS)
- RW A PI reports
- Updates 340B analytic spreadsheet (# of clients, RX’s, gross and net revenues monthly)
- Calculates deferred revenues
- Prepares LLC financial statements
- Reviews all disbursements for proper coding
- Run’s weekly ACH bank report for billing team
- Prepares month end financial statements and analytics
- Reconciles monthly credit card activity with 3rd party (Merchant Services, TSYS and Worldpay)
- Calculates and records clinic revenues, AR & allowances monthly
- Prepares and records Welcome Center monthly activity
- Completes monthly PMS drawdown
- Compiles final monthly JE list with all JE’s
- Compiles final monthly FS with all support documentation
- Performs all monthly JE’s (i.e. prepaids, accruals, insurance, payroll, postage, TS inventory & medical inventory)
- Enters posi pay batches in CashPro
- Record Thrift Store weekly activity (and reconcile monthly)
- Prepares and submits Thrift Store and LLC Sales tax payment
- Prepares Donor Thank you letters
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2 solid years of non-profit accounting experience.
- Cumulative of 5 years accounting experience required.
- Strong background in budget preparation and grant management (private funders and government grants) will be ideal.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks for Nonprofits is a must.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High competency with Excel and Microsoft Office products.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to in order to consider all points of view and work toward decisions that reflect the greater good of the organization.
- Monitor and review the work products of others to ensure conformance to established processes and procedures and communicate results effectively and appropriately to solve problems.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org