This position will be based in Metro Inclusive Health’s Saint Petersburg location, working in a unique community-based setting where we are providing Primary Care and additional supportive services The Telephone Triage Nurse assures that communication with each caller will be handled in a professional and tactful manner. When appropriate, the caller’s symptoms will be assessed and triaged using the nursing process and approved guidelines in order to assist in obtaining the appropriate level of care; and ensures all documentation is compliance with professional and legal standards.
- Respond promptly to each incoming call and determine the appropriate level of care required to safely meet the patient’s medical needs. (Emergent, urgent, non-urgent or home care status)
- Utilize all resources and guidelines at his/her disposal to effectively assess,
prioritize, advise, schedule lab or physician appointments, or refer calls when
necessary to the appropriate personnel or specialized community service.
- Completes all Voicemails and Urgent Triage Calls as they are received.
- Thoroughly completes documentation utilizing the appropriate computer software
in compliance with the approved policies and procedures
- Completes prescription refill request, specialist referrals, and other administrative tasks timely for patient benefit
- Accurate assimilation, interpretation and reporting of changing patient data
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with established protocols.
- Assists with data collection as requested.
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion, and respect in all interpersonal and intra-professional relationships with clients, staff, and visitors.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards of professional practice.
- Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks
- Collaborates with Metro team members to coordinate patient services
- Promotes and practices Metro’s values and mission, and adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Continues ongoing personal professional training and education to advance skills/knowledge.
- Provides assistance in all clinical areas, as needed, and supported by professional licensure and accepted, appropriate medical protocols.
- Utilize resources in a cost effective manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- MA or LPN licensure from accredited school, currently licensed to practice in the State of Florida
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience
- CPR Certified
- Minimum two years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Demonstrates knowledge of documentation protocols.
- Must have adequate typing skills and basic computer knowledge.
- Demonstrates experience with OSHA mandates, documentation, and compliance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, medications, and accepted treatment practices.
- Ability and willingness to make independent nursing decisions based on nursing assessment.
- Demonstrates ability to self-motivate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate a multitude of tasks as required.
- Maintains ongoing, appropriate documentation of all activities as needed.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Knowledge of community health services and agencies
- Ability to apply principals of health promotion and disease prevention.
- Able to work with health professional in a team environment.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org