World AIDS Day takes place on December 1st each year. It is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV, to show support for people living with HIV and to commemorate those who have died from an AIDS-related illness. Founded in 1988, World AIDS Day was the first ever global health day.
METRO will recognize World AIDS Day a number of ways from November 29th to December 7th. Please join us in recognizing this day by taking part in these FREE testing events, encouraging others to know their status and by wearing a red ribbon.
Free testing and event locations...
December 1st, 2018
- Hillsborough County Health Department from 7:00am – 3:00pm
- LGBTQ+ Welcome Center from 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Delta Chapter presents: Positively U from 11:00am – 3:00pm
- Food Truck gathering at Skyway Marina Mall. 12:00pm – 5:00pm
- 1st Annual Red Ribbon Champions at the Flamingo Resort from 2:00pm – 7:00pm
- TS Madison Presents: Vision of St. Pete from 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Palladium Tampa from 11:30pm – 1:30am
December 2nd, 2018
Flamingo Resort from 2:00pm-7:00pm
December 6th, 2018
Pride Bowling at Dunedin Lanes from 9:00pm – 12:30am
December 4th, 2018
Club Skye in Tampa from 9:30pm – 11:30pm
December 7th, 2018
Enigma in St. Petersburg on Central Avenue from 7:00pm – 10:00pm