Now Available: LOVE WINS T-Shirts
Donate a minimum of $10.00 and receive this commemorative T-Shirt. Donations benefit Metro’s Youth Programs.
T-Shirt orders placed online will incur a $3 standard shipping fee (order here). T-Shirts are also available at our Metro Centers in St. Pete and Tampa, as well as Metro Thrift and Gift.
Metro Thrift and Gift needs your donated furnishings. The store sells gently used and new household and clothing goods and is a revenue stream for Metro Wellness & Community Centers. So when you shop with us, you’re making a larger impact on the community.
100% of store profits are used to support ongoing HIV/AIDS programs and services and provide purchase certificates for hundreds of people with HIV in the Tampa Bay area. Virtually every purchase or donation that you make can have a direct impact on people and/or families affected by HIV/AIDS in Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
Serving St. Petersburg for more than a decade, Metro Thrift and Gift has been instrumental in providing free household goods, clothing, and other merchandise to anyone living with HIV/AIDS through donated merchandise and sales to the general community. Purchase certificates are available through all case management agencies in Pinellas County.
Donate Quality Household Goods and Gently Used Clothing
We offer a pick-up service of furniture on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings.
Please call 727-321-7212 during normal business hours in advance to schedule the date and time of pick up. Also, check with your neighbors to see if they have unwanted items they would like to donate. The more donations to pick up in one general neighborhood, the better!
Please have the merchandise boxed or bagged at pick-up. If arrangements are made during a time when you will not be there, please make sure that everything is labeled appropriately for Metro.
“Would I give this to a friend or family member?”
Metro Thrift & Gift appreciates the good will and generosity of our donors but ask you to read the guidelines posted here before bringing your items. We are forced to haul items that do not sell to the dump, which is costly and wasteful, and therefore reduces our funding potential for much needed HIV/AIDS services and programs.
We’d Love More
- New or gently used clothing
- Accessories and shoes
- Clothing with size labels
- Used furniture in good shape and CLEAN
- Tables, Desks, Bookcases, Chairs, Sofas
- Televisions (especially with remotes)
- DVD Players and VCRs less than 8 years old
- Electronics that are in good working order
- Newer microwaves, stereos and boom boxes
- Rare china
- War memorabilia
- Rare coins and stamps
- Professional equipment
- High end cameras
- New or gently used sheets and towels
- Dishes, silverware, utensils and other housewares
- New or reusable office and art supplies
- Small Kitchen Appliances in good working order
- Vintage toys
- Books in decent shape
- Seasonal Decorations
- CDs, videos, DVDs
- Home décor and lamps
- Luggage and baskets
- Sporting Goods
We Can’t Use
Any item that: is stained, has an odor, is broken or needs repair.
- Available at time of donation only.
- Donor must provide a list of the donated items with fair market value.
- Donors are responsible to assign the fair market value
- Only one receipt will be offered per donor present.
- One copy goes to the donor and one copy is for our records
- We are unable to duplicate receipts if lost or misplaced.