Statement of Purpose: The Pharmacy Technician works directly with the pharmacists to fulfill prescription medication orders and maintain inventory control.
- Answer phone & assist patients.
- Under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist:
- Be knowledgeable of our services to assist patients.
- Enter patient and prescription information into the pharmacy computer system.
- Intake and type new and refill prescriptions
- Upon receiving new scripts, contact patient to inform them & process scripts.
- Contact all new patients for demographic, allergy, and insurance info.
- Contact patient(s) to notify prescriptions received, processed and ready to pickup.
- Identify and process appropriate manufacturer copay cards.
- Ensure all available resources have been utilized to minimize the out-of-pocket cost.
- Obtain and/or arrange copay collection.
- Document all correspondence as directed by the pharmacist.
- Assist pharmacist and management with any tasks requested.
- Accept refill requests, proactively contact patients to see if they are ready for refill.
- Work incoming documents and electronic prescriptions.
- Fax, call or send Escribes for refill requests.
- Initiate communication with prescribers for clarification of missing prescription information as directed by the pharmacist and allowed under state and local law.
- Identify need for prior authorizations, follow-up with prescribers & insurance if needed.
- Contact patients and MD offices as appropriate to resolve insurance claim issues.
- Resolve patient issues (with the exception of counseling).
- Be aware of changing AWP/Costs to ensure optimum reimbursement is obtained.
- Inspect drug supply and storage areas for damaged, expired, or recalled stock.
- Help manage/control inventory- send back overstock to ABC and outdates to SXRX.
- Ensure inventory is stored properly.
- Process returns of medications not picked up after 7 to 10 days and return to stock.
- Count, measure, prepare and label prescriptions according to state and local laws.
- Clean pharmacy equipment
- Comply with record-keeping and abide by state and federal laws.
- Ensure accreditation standards/objectives are being followed as directed.
- Complete tasks delegated by Pharmacist:
- Data entry
- Labeling of preparations and prescriptions
- Retrieval of prescription files, patient files and profiles
- Counting, weighing, measuring, and pouring of prescription or stock legend drugs and controlled substances, including the filling of automated medication system
- The acceptance of an authorization to dispense medications pursuant to a prescribing practitioner’s authorization to fill an existing prescription that has no refills remaining.
- Organizing of or participating in continuous quality improvement related events, meetings, or presentations
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Registration with the Pharmacy Technician Florida State Board of Pharmacy
- A minimum of 1 year experience in pharmacy practice or health care setting
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- May require lifting over 40 lb., Ability to perform light lifting and repetitious physical activity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- May require standing or frequent use of computer keyboard & sitting for extended periods.
- Must have working knowledge or ability to quickly learn pharmacy software systems, electronic medical record, and basic Microsoft office.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a diverse environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com