The Early Intervention, Outreach & Linkage Specialist will provide services to clients who are newly HIV diagnosed as well as those with HIV not currently engaged in care. Services will include providing linkage services, referrals, Health Education/Risk Reduction counseling related to HIV diagnosis, facilitate evidenced based interventions, and outreach services to reengage clients who are lost to care. This position will facilitate direct and immediate linkage to HIV medical care and treatment, promoting continuity of care and positive health outcomes.
- Coordinate with internal targeted HIV testing services to identify those with HIV who may not know their status and provide immediate linkage and resources for persons with HIV into high quality medical care and supportive wraparound services
- Collaborate with internal HIV programs and services to identify clients who have fallen out of care to re-engage and link into high quality medical care and supportive wraparound services
- Conduct outreach services within the community, at client’s home, and other community partner locations to locate client who has fallen out of care to reengage.
- Provide health education/risk reduction counseling and evidenced based interventions
- Provide access, connection and linkage to programs/services at METRO and within the community including but not limited to medical care, social services, health and wellness programming, according to client choice and need
- Maintain internal and external referrals and resources information
- Provide education on available services and any/all requirements to programs and care (i.e. program eligibility criteria, required documentation, etc.)
- Meet with clients/patients who walk in and/or all newly HIV reactive individuals
- Work collaboratively with Medical and Behavioral Health providers, community partners, and other in-house staff to meet individual clients/patent needs
- Combat identified barriers to care (i.e. transportation, insurance status) by connecting the client/patient to supportive services to eliminate or ease these deterrents
- Work strategically to find solutions and resources for clients/patients in difficult situations
- Maintain required records, files, and forms in an organized manner and maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA protocols
- Other duties as assigned and relevant to position
- Bachelor’s Degree in the human services field and one year of relevant prevention experience.
- Minimum of one year work experience within a social service setting or equivalent.
- Experience working with HIV infected individuals, substance abuse populations, and social, ethnic economically diverse and other high risk populations.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Must be able to efficiently communicate orally and in writing. Bilingual is an asset.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
- Ability to work comfortably with diverse target populations, sensitivity to cultural issues and/or relevant life experience with substance abuse, HIV, Viral Hepatitis, PrEP/nPEP, STI’s.
- Awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences, varying sexual orientations, and psychosocial issues concerning the AIDS pandemic.
- Ability to determine priorities and multi-task.
- Proficient use of electronic data systems and Microsoft Office Suite. eClinical Works (EMR) experience preferred.
- Strong collaborative spirit towards teamwork
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Non-traditional work hours required (weekend and evenings).
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment.
- Skilled in use of de-escalation techniques.
- Some weekend and evenings hours required.
- Consistently meet all contract requirements, goals, and deliverables.
- Quality service delivery to clients and providers as determined by satisfaction surveys and feedback.
- Maintain compliance with agency standards and expectations.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org