This position is responsible for providing housing services to clients to assist
with affordable housing, linkage to housing programs, and facilitating access to housing financial
assistance, and other related resources.
• Assess and identify housing needs for clients through comprehensive assessment
• Identify and evaluate available community resources, internal programs, and other resources to
assist clients in meeting housing needs.
• Develop a Housing Care Plan in collaboration with client to ensure a pathway to long term stable
• Link clients to other resources at METRO and in the community such as medical care, job
training, skills development, and more.
• Complete and assist clients with appropriate documentation for client applications for housing
• Collaborate with Case Managers, Linkage Navigators and other departments’ staff to assist their
clients with housing assistance
• Communicate with clients, landlords, utility companies and medical providers in order to obtain
information needed for housing/file
• Works with all METRO programs/departments to ensure that their client’s housing needs are
• Verifies client information and financial data on applications for housing assistance.
• Ensures compliance with programs’ requirements and completes required documentation,
tracking, monitoring and reporting as needed.
• Complete and submit reports and documentation for client files.
• Other tasks as assigned and relevant.
• Bachelor’s Degree in the human services administration/field.
• Minimum of two years of work experience within a social service related housing (such as Section 8,
HOPWA, HUD) setting
• Experience working with HIV positive individuals, substance abuse populations, communities of
color, LGBTQ+, and other high risk populations strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
• Must be able to speak, read, and write proficiently in English. Bilingual is an asset.
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
• Awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences, varying sexual identities, orientations, and
psychosocial issues concerning the AIDS pandemic.
• Must have knowledge of and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office suite programs.
• Ability to recognize and adhere to professional boundaries and standards.
• Knowledge of community and resources.
• Must be flexible, and be accountable for productive outcomes.
• Must be able to prioritize tasks, and possess good time management and documentation skills.
• Must be able to work individually and as a productive and supportive member of a team.
• Ability to determine priorities and multi-task.
• Flexibility to adapt to changing environment.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills required.
• Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
• Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
• Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility
verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://everify.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com