The Medical Receptionist is considered a crucial link between the patient and the care delivered by clinical and service staff of the center. This position works collaboratively with the clinical care team, including medical, behavioral health, medical case management and other program services to initiate patient appointments. This is a key position with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient and client comfort and trust. The position must exemplify the core values and mission of the organization, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient/staff interactions while performing essential front office and back office operational functions in the Health Centers and organization.
- Makes reminder appointment calls
- Checks in/out patients/clients for medical care and behavioral health services.
- Directly supports Health Center patients to ensure that appointments are seamlessly coordinated for the client to receive integrated, one-stop access to medical care and services at Metro. Performs essential front office and back office program and clinical support function
- Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient primary care medical appointments
- Greeting patients, checking in patients and properly documenting registration.
- Conducts insurance verification
- Answers patient and client phone calls
- Accurate collection and documentation of copays
- Obtaining and entering personal, financial and insurance information into the electronic medical records system.
- Other office operational needs supporting patient and client care
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with an EMR
- Minimum of 2 years primary care office administrative experience, performing the tasks and responsibilities listed above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledgeable in computer software, with the ability to work with word processing, spreadsheet and EMR/EHR programs.
- Knowledge and proficient use of computer programs pertaining to job functions.
- Professional appearance and behavior.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and use multitasking skills.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write proficiently in English.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a diverse environment.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
- Must pass necessary fingerprinting, Level II background checks and employment eligibility verification through the U. S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify system, https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com